Questions Will Always Remain


                This is my 100th post, and after a little over 5 years of this ministry has taught me one thing, that there will always be questions to answer. As long as the world remains as it is, people will possess a curiosity that drives them to seek out the truth of the world. What I have found is that certain people have issues with religion and Christianity because they have “too many unanswered questions”. What I want to show today is that questions are not a bad thing, and that you need to eventually come to faith as a means of getting certain questions answered.
                What I want to do first is to show that this attitude of “too many questions” is hypocritical, especially if you are someone who trusts in the scientific process. Science is all about answering questions, but there are plenty of areas that we have little information about (Ph.D. comics has actually written a book on specific topics in this area). Bringing it closer to home, as I do research in my lab, I always have questions that I could answer, but some of the proposed experiments get left behind because my advisor and I decided that we had enough evidence to make our case for the science we were presenting in our article we were submitting for publication. We always have questions that go unanswered for some reason or another. So if you dismiss religion because of your questions, you might want to treat science in the same manner.
                Another area in which having all questions answered is an unreasonable demand is in the court of law. J. Warner Wallace is a fellow Christian Apologist who has decades of experience working as a detective, and he says in one of his books that this type of question is asked of potential jurors. If a juror needs every single question answered, they will most likely not be picked for the jury, because that juror will be impossible to persuade to make a decision in light of the best evidence that either side can produce.
                Even in scripture, there were questions asked of Jesus that he could not answer, because the Father had not revealed this answer to him, God the Son (Matthew 24:36). This is a huge revelation about the nature of this universe before God settles his eternal kingdom in the new heaven and earth, that God has plans that only He knows about for His creation.
                On a second point, that questions keep people from faith, let me use an analogy here. As I came to know the woman that would eventually become my wife, I had questions about her and our potential future together. Sure, one could “google” my wife and find out some information about her, but eventually I had to take the steps to come to know my wife as a person and pursue a relationship with her. As we grew closer together, new situations arose and we got to explore how we would respond to those situations together as a couple.
The same goes for the Christian faith. It is a continuous process of refinement and being made anew into what God has for us. We will come to points where we don’t understand what is going on, but we have our past with God to rely on to lead us to faith (trust) in Him that He knows what He is doing. When we either go home, or when God comes to us to establish his kingdom, we will have all of our questions answered. I hope this little think piece has helped some of you understand the nature of questions and their relation to faith. God bless and have a good rest of your day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First post in 2 years, catching up on life, reflections on fatherhood

Evidence to Support Creation/Intelligent Design

Thoughts on the Problem of Animal Suffering