What if I’m Wrong?

                This is a question that I’ve been thinking about answering in a couple of different ways, and hopefully better than the allusion to the genetic fallacy that was provided by Richard Dawkins when provided this question. So let’s try and unpack the question of what if I am wrong?
                This question I can think of multiple ways, what if I am wrong in my apologetics, meaning by reasoning and logic are flawed? This is a very interesting point, as I try to be as logical as possible while writing. But say that I am completely misled and my reasoning is completely off the point and I am a crazy man shouting nonsense on the internet. Does this disprove the existence of God? I would hope not, there are plenty of people with a wrong opinion of God, from theology to being completely wrong about his existence, but opinion does not change fact.
                There is a higher level to where we can take this question, what if I am wrong about the existence of God or about Christianity? Well for the Christianity part, the shortest answer to that is for someone to prove that Jesus didn’t exist, or wasn’t the Messiah. Assuming this, then my faith is useless and I am another poor deluded religious nut and need to search for the truth in another religion. This of course assumes there is a God at all and is a segue into the second part that I mentioned before. If there is no God, then all I am is some self-aware being wondering about the nature of the universe that will pass on and be chemically recycled in a few decades. Little fatalistic and depressing no? Someone may say that I am being a nihilist, but I view this as the ultimate result of any form of an atheistic worldview. If there is no God, then any happiness or meaning one can find is temporary.

                Thankfully, I don’t believe I am wrong, and have spent the last few years of my life trying to convince you that I am not either, and I plan to spend the rest of my life doing so as well. I will pray for anyone who reads this blog that you are a seeker of the truth and that you would find this same truth in Jesus Christ that I have. May God bless you and have a good rest of your night. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First post in 2 years, catching up on life, reflections on fatherhood

Evidence to Support Creation/Intelligent Design

Thoughts on the Problem of Animal Suffering