Can Apologetics Save Anyone?

                This post may be a little shorter than my usual posts, but I had this thought and believed it was worth sharing. My ministry that I pursue here focuses quite a lot on apologetics, which I have defined as the act of defending a position/set of ideals. Now then, since I spend so much of my time discussing and researching apologetics, I am saving quite a few people right? It’s not as easy as that. Jesus said that “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” So the only way to be saved is through belief in Christ, not apologetics. So apologetics is not saving anyone, so why am I doing this? Well we are commanded to give a defense of our faith with humility and love, so there is that. Also, I feel that I am called by God to do it to attempt to show to those people who find Christianity “unreasonable”. If what I write here can disprove their assumptions about the reasonableness of Christianity, maybe they will decide to explore it and possibly accept Jesus as their savior.
                Now one can explore every other form of service they do for others if it is not explicitly shouting the gospel of Christ at the top of their lungs. Our goal is to grow the body of Christ, so why do we do anything other than preach to everyone we see? Well first off I think that would be terribly annoying, but we need to express Christ’s love in different ways, and we are also caretakers of the world we live in as well as the people here. Other than apologetics, I work with our local youth program, and while I do not teach there, I assist in any capacity I need to fill, such as driving the students to camp or leading the games. While I am not directly preaching the gospel to those kids, I think I am facilitating their learning about him.
                So can apologetics save anyone? Not directly, but as long as what we do has the love of Christ involved, we have a ministry that can lead people to a decision for Christ. May God bless you and have a good rest of your day.       


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First post in 2 years, catching up on life, reflections on fatherhood

Evidence to Support Creation/Intelligent Design

Thoughts on the Problem of Animal Suffering